- Ski conservatively
- Prefer slower speeds
- Prefer easy, moderate slopes
- Favor lower than average release/retention settings which correspond
to an increased risk of inadvertent binding release in order to
gain increases release capability in a fall.
- Note: Type I also applies to entry level skiers uncertain of their
- Are all skiers who do not meet all the descriptions of either
Type I or III
- Favor average release / retention settings
- Ski aggressively
- Normally ski at high speeds
- Prefer steeper and more challenging terrain
- Favor higher than average release / retention settings which correspond
to decreased capability to release in a fall in order to decrease
risk of inadvertent binding release.